With so many options out there, looking for the right used, or certified pre-owned vehicle can seem like an arduous and daunting task for Florence, SC drivers. That’s why we’ve got a guide here for learning what to look for when buying a used car. You’ll come into the process with less worry and trouble as you make your decision as to which used vehicle to buy.
Our team hopes that you have a solid footing as to what questions to ask when buying a used car as you sit down and discuss options with the team at Five Star Automotive Group. The friendly sales staff will guide you through the steps of buying a used car, so you can make a relevant choice that’s right for you.
Discover more about the used car buying process with our guide. If you’re ready to take any of our used cars for a test drive, simply contact us today. We’re happy to help!
How to Buy a Used Car From a Dealer
You’ll see a number of benefits to buying a used car. Most notable is the lower price, which can have lower monthly payments for financing. With late-model cars, you’ll still get some great onboard technology packages in some used vehicles.
While you’re searching for the right used car for your Warner Robins, GA drives, you’ll research vehicles priced under 20k, certified pre-owned models, and other choices at Five Star Automotive Group.
Find out some more tips on used car buying:
- Set a Budget: Consider the balance between the cost to buy and the cost to own. A used car may be cheaper to purchase, but will it be worth repairs, maintenance, new tires, and any interest you’ll need with financing? You could buy a $10,000 used car, but if you make $15,000 in repairs to it over the next five years, you’ve exceeded the purchase price with repairs alone. Your payment shouldn’t exceed 10% of your monthly income. A handy payment calculator can help you with your budgeting.
- Find the Right Used Car: Think about a couple of factors after your budget when narrowing your options when buying a used car. The vehicle should match your mileage expectations, so try to find one that has 10,000 to 15,000 miles per year on the odometer. Look over the vehicle history report to see what maintenance or accidents may have occurred with a previous owner. Start by listing the vehicles that interest you. Then, deep dive into reliability reviews from reputable sites like Edmunds or KelleyBlueBook. Follow that by examining the price of the vehicle in your area.
- Test Drive and Inspect Your Narrowed List: It takes grit and determination to find the right used car that matches what you want. Thoroughly inspect the vehicle yourself, and then take it to a trusted mechanic to look it over for any possible trouble spots or defects. Take it out for a test drive to verify the performance you expect as you drive on Lafayette, IN roads.
- Used Car Financing and Other Fees: Now you’ve got your chosen vehicle. Next, you need to explore your financing options. You’ll have to factor in fees for licensing the vehicle, sales tax, and trade-in value of your current vehicle. You’ll also need insurance. When you close the deal, make sure you know what’s covered by any warranties.
What to Ask When Buying a Used Car
You must ask pertinent questions when buying a used car because you don’t want to buy a car that could have costly repairs. Here are the most important things to ask when buying a used car:
- Is there a history of maintenance?
- Is the vehicle history report available?
- Do the amenities and features work like they’re supposed to?
- What is the ownership history?
- What is the vehicle’s mileage?
- Are there any current recalls on the vehicle?
- What’s the price?
- Can I take the car to a mechanic for an inspection?
- Do you have the title in hand?
- Is the car as is, or is it under some kind of warranty?
- Does this vehicle affect my insurance costs?
Find Out More About Buying a Used Car From Five Star Automotive Group
Our team wants to make the car buying process as easy and hassle-free as possible. Take full advantage of our selection of quality used cars, and feel free to call us with any questions. If you’re definitely buying a vehicle from us, look at our finance center to determine your loan options. We’re happy to help you in any way we can!